This anonymously funded movie satirizing the corruption of the copyright system in the USA has been viewed more than 10,000,000 times, says Boing Boing.
It also currently (August 9) graces the pirate Bay intro page and has done for some days. I know this because I’ve been on PB a couple of times, recently, for purely academic research purposes 😉
The creators, who maintain the website political-prostitution.com, explain that “the U.S. Government is making a major push to enforce its laws abroad with complete disregard for sovereignty of other nations in order to extradite so-called ‘criminals’ to the US where they will be tried for their ‘crimes’ in American court,” says the post.
From Political Prostitution.com >>>
- Wants to expand the DMCA’s restrictions on software that can bypass copy protections and grant federal police more wiretapping and enforcement powers – Source
- Introduced the Protecting Children from Internet Pornographers Act of 2011 (PCIP) which is intended to force Internet Service Providers to keep detailed records about the activities of their customers online. Representative from California Zoe Lofgren said “The bill uses child pornography as a ‘stalking horse for this massive expansion of federal powers’ long requested by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation to fight a variety of crimes” – Source
- Widely criticized for refusing to even hear Bill H.R. 2306 on decriminalizing marijuana. Smith is so intent on refusing to acknowledge any other points of view than his own that he temporarily took down his Facebook page and deleted all comments from users criticizing his stance on this bill – Source
- #1 contributor to his political campaign is the TV/Music/Movie industry – Source
- After vowing not to be a lobbyist at the conclusion of his political career, he became one of the most powerful lobbyists in Washington – Source
- Admitted that the MPAA is “on the wrong track” when it refers to online file sharing as “theft”. Yet the MPAA’s own website has the word “theft” liberally peppered throughout the content of its pages. The site also contains links to FightFilmTheft.org and the official website of the U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) encouraging site visitors to click and report IP theft. – Source
- Kim Dotcom has publicly accused Joe Biden of ordering the shutdown of his Megaupload website in coordination with Chris Dodd. As evidence, Dotcom cites the public White House visitor log which shows visits from Dodd and the CEOs of Warner Brothers, Paramount Pictures, Walt Disney and Universal Studios all on the same day in July 2011. Also visiting that day was Mike Ellis, former superintendent of the Hong Kong Police and currently an MPAA Asia division executive. The MPAA publicly denies that Ellis is a known extradition expert and has dismissed Dotcom’s claims. – Source
- Instrumental in the Megaupload case, as well as the Ninjavideo one where he asked the judge to “throw the book at her” based on her “substantial ego” and “inflated sense of self-importance”. Who knew having a big ego was illegal? – Source
- Calling for the extradition of Kim Dotcom based on evidence that has not yet been presented to Dotcom’s lawyers – making it such that Dotcom has no idea what will actually be brought against him in court.
- Sentenced Charlie Engle, who lied about his income on a mortgage application to 21 months in prison in 2011. MacBride stated that a person “cannot manipulate the mortgage industry for their own selfish ends”. MacBride is good friends Chris Dodd was cleared of any wrongdoing when he was implicated in multiple mortgage fraud incidents through Countrywide Financial, the same company that Engle dealt with. – Source Source
- Previously as a head of the Business Software Alliance, MacBride consistently tried to draw parallels between the retail value of software and the subsequent losses to the industry when it is downloaded for free, when there is substantial evidence of the contrary. Source
RSS feed http://www.myblogdammit.net
Follow me on Twitter@jonnewton8