- Your thought processes are persistent.
- You persevere and remain productive.
- You see the connection between your internal and external self.
- You are at your best when things are at their worst.
- You have indomitable spirit.
- You understand the purpose of actions may not be clear in the moment, but there is good reason—you trust those who guide you.
- You have a “Can do!” attitude.
…you might qualify: )
Because Mars One. will this year be running a global search to find the best candidates for the first human mission to Mars in 2023.
And it’s looking for people who can answer Yes to the above requirements.
There is, however, one slight drawback –
It’s one way only, as I wrote here.
In 2011, the founding members of the Mars One team came together to develop a “strategic plan for taking humanity to Mars.”
The objective is to establish a human outpost on the planet Mars in 2023.
However, “The Mars One astronauts will depart Earth with the assumption they will never return.
But not to worry. The people behind Mars One say they’ve developed a “realistic plan to establish a settlement on Mars by 2023,”.
They’ll use existing technologies available from proven suppliers. Equipment will be developed by third party suppliers and integrated in established facilities, they say.
- Launcher: The rocket used to take payloads from Earth launch into Earth orbit or to Mars. Mars One anticipates use of the Space X Falcon Heavy, an upgraded version of the Falcon 9 which is in use by Space X now.
- The Falcon Heavy is slated to undergo test flights in 2013, granting ample time for fine-tuning prior to the Mars One missions which begin in 2016.
- Mars Transit Vehicle: This is responsible for transporting the astronauts to Mars, and consists of two propellent stages, a landing module and living quarters.
- Lander: Mars One anticipates use of a variant of the SpaceX Dragon capsule, first tested in 2010. This is the same vehicle which successfully docked with the International Space Station (ISS) in May of 2012. The lander Mars One requires will be slightly larger than the current Dragon. The Lander will be used for 5 functions:
- Life Support Unit: A Lander that contains the systems for the generation of energy, water and breathable air within the settlement.
- Supply Unit: A Lander that contains food, spare parts and other smaller components.
- Living Unit: This Unit is a Lander that is outfitted with a special inflatable section. After reaching the surface of Mars, this allows it to create a large living space for humans.
- Human Lander: This is the unit which carries the astronauts to the surface of M
Jon Newton — myblogdammit
Follow me on identi.ca
RSS FEED — http://www.myblogdammit.net/?feed=rss2
Contact me @ myblogdammit (at) shaw.dot ca
SPONSORED BY >>>
FrostWire — Share
Why pay to host your content in a server? FrostWire lets you share your creations with millions of people right from your computer, absolutely free?
iVideo Converter converts videos fast for iPad, iPod, iPhone, PSP, Cell Phone, Windows Media, or any major media player, including popular HD and HQ.
A twitter game where words where words are redefined with jokes 🙂
[Follow me on identi.ca]
RSS FEED – http://www.myblogdammit.net/?feed=rss2
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi …